– 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
– 6 tablespoons butter, divided
– 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
– 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
– 1 pound fettuccine pasta
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
– 3 cups milk
– 1 cup half-and-half
– 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or mozzarella)
– 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar)
– 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
– 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccine.